The board of advisors of the Wilkes County Community Foundation recently announced $8,630 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund.
The board granted:
• $2,000 to Wilkes Adult Development Activity Program for Project Upgrade. A portion of this grant is made in honor of the Kyle Hayes Memorial Endowment Fund;
• $1,580 to Ronda Community Volunteer Fire Department;
• $1,500 to Appalachian State University for the Appalachian Senior Programs;
• $1,280 to Samaritan Kitchen of Wilkes, Inc. for Samaritan All-Weather Canopy;
• $1,000 to Wilkes Art Gallery for Art Scavenger Hunt Wilkes;
• $770 to Carolina Cross Connection for home repair program;
• $500 to Brushy Mountain Group homes for resident recreational development.
Craig Langston, foundation board president, thanked the community for its continued support of the Wilkes County Community Foundation.
“We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so vital to the community,” he said. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported our work to inspire philanthropy across our community.”