The lineup of shows for the 2021-22 season at Wilkes Community College’s John A. Walker Community Center in Wilkesboro has been announced.
• the Haggard Brothers with country artist EmiSunshine at 7:30 p.m., Oct. 22, sponsored by Wells Fargo. Brothers Ben and Noel Haggard pay tribute to their father, Merle Haggard;
• Dailey & Vincent’s Christmas Show at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 2, sponsored by Carolina West Wireless. Jamie Dailey and Darrin Vincent are Emmy-nominated bluegrass musicians;
• Leahy, Canadian folk group with Celtic influences, at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 24, sponsored by Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express;
• The Return — Beatles Tribute Band at 7:30 p.m. March 10, sponsored by Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express;
• The Platters, with rhythm and blues hits like “The Great Pretender” and “My Prayer,” at 7:30 p.m. May 20, sponsored by Skyline National Bank;
• “The Beat Goes On,” featuring Lisa McClowry as pop rock singer Cher, at 7:30 p.m. June 9, sponsored by Piedmont Federal Savings Bank;
Aside from the usual performance season, the Walker Center will host the following additional shows:
• Travis Ledoyt, portraying Elvis Presley, at 7 p.m. Jan. 28, sponsored by Carolina West Wireless.
• Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, a Southern gospel quartet, at 7 p.m. March 31, sponsored by Becky & Arnold Lakey.