EDITOR'S NOTE: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that the filing period ends at noon July 18. It actually ends at noon Friday, July 21.
Three more people have filed as candidates for office in local municipal elections this fall. The filing period ends at noon Friday, July 21.
The three latest candidates are:
• Michael Perry Parsons of Coffee Street, North Wilkesboro, who filed Thursday as a candidate for one of two four-year North Wilkesboro commissioner seats on the ballot. Parsons owns a jewelry store;
• Rheajean Mitchell Benge of North Hoots Road, Ronda, who filed Thursday as a candidate for one of three four-year Ronda commissioner terms on the ballot. Benge, who is retired, is an incumbent;
• Gene Edward Fowler of North Hoots Road, Ronda, who filed Friday as a candidate for one of three four-year Ronda commissioner terms on the ballot. Fowler, who is retired from the furniture industry, is an incumbent.
Those who already filed are:
• for the two North Wilkesboro commissioner seats on the ballot, incumbents Grant B. “Bart” Hayes of Finley Avenue and Deborah “Debbie” F. Ferguson of Coffey Avenue, plus newcomer Robert C. Horn of J Street;
• for North Wilkesboro mayor, incumbent Robert L. Johnson of Seventh Street;
• for the two Wilkesboro councilman seats on the ballot, incumbents Claude A. “Andy” Soots of College Street and Russell “Russ” F. Ferree of Shady Lane, plus Nellie Hubbard Archibald of Forest Hill Drive. Archibald was elected to the council in 2009 and didn’t seek re-election when her four-year term ended.
• for the three Ronda commissioner seats on the ballot, Helen T. Porter of Cemetery Street.
All three towns hold non-partisan elections, which means there are no primaries. Election Day is Nov. 7.
The deadline for registering to vote on Election Day is 5 p.m. Oct. 13, but there will be a one-stop period for registering and voting.
There is a $24 filing fee to run for a seat on the Wilkesboro council, a $10 filing fee to run for North Wilkesboro commissioner or mayor and a $5 filing fee to run for Ronda commissioner.