Shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday, Caldwell County Emergency Management issued a statement encouraging citizens to stay off the roads due to possible flooding.
“Many roads in Caldwell County are already closed or impassable,” the statement added.
Caldwell County Emergency Management issued the following advice from FEMA regarding flooding:
• If flooding is expected or is occurring, get to higher ground fast. Leave typical flood areas such as ditches, ravines, dips or low spots;
• avoid areas already flooded, especially if the water is flowing fast. Do not attempt to cross flowing streams. “Turn Around Don't Drown;”
• never drive through flooded roadways. Road beds may be washed out under flood waters;
• don’t camp or park vehicles along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions;
• be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers;
• don’t cross barriers put in place by local emergency officials.