The Wilkes Medical Center Foundation awarded grants to five non-profit organizations serving residents of Wilkes County on July 25.
Applications for the next round of grants up to $10,000 apiece are being accepted until Wednesday. For more details on applying for grants from the foundaton, contact Lori McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a grant application, go to https://www.wakehealth.edu/Locations/Hospitals/Wilkes-Medical-Center/Wilkes-Medical-Center-Foundation.
Recipients of grants awarded on July 25 are:
• Child Abuse Prevention Team/ Our House, $9,744, for efforts to reduce child abuse and neglect through education directed at parents and school-aged children;
• Echo Ministry, doing business as the Ark in Elkin, $5,000, for homeless shelter services;
• Foothills Free Medical Clinic, $10,000, to provide medical care for uninsured people;
• Ronda Community Volunteer Fire Department, $10,000, for four defibrillators for personal vehicles to allow for faster cardiac arrest assistance when dispatched and;
• Dr. Frederick C. Hubbard Scholarship Fund, $10,000, for nursing scholarships.