The Elkin Valley Trails Association announced a way for the public to participate in the observance of the organization’s 10-year anniversary.
People who complete all of the challenges listed below between this past March 1 and Dec. 31 will be recognized on social media and on the EVTA website, according to EVTA board member Keith Sidden. They will also be eligible for door prizes in a drawing at the end of 2021.
The challenges are:
Hike or run the following trails:
1. E&A Rail Trail at Elkin Municipal Park
2. Forest Bathing Trail at Grassy Creek Vineyard.
3. Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST) at Carolina Heritage Vineyard.
4. Power House Trail at Carter Falls.
5. MST at Wells Knob
6. Hike, run, or ride horseback to Combs Rock at Stone Mountain via MST and Horse Trail.
7. MST to Wolf Rock from Stone Mountain Backpack Parking Lot.
8. Sawyers Trail via MST (Near Stone Mountain Country Store)
9. Ride a bike on a trail at the Elkin Municipal Park (E&A Rail Trail or a mountain bike trail — Iron Falls, Elkin Creek, and/or Possum Shot)
10. Explore the Yadkin River from Roaring River or Ronda to Elkin or explore any Yadkin River Segment on the MST blueway between Elkin and Pilot Mountain State Park.
Be sure to share pics as you complete the challenge on social media using hashtag #EVTA10CHAL LENGE.