Organizers of the fifth annual Carolina in the Fall Music & Food Festival call Wilkes County “the heart of American folk music.” That heartbeat will be heard loud and clear in downtown Wilkesboro starting at noon Friday (today) and continuing Saturday.
The performance schedule for Carolina in the Fall Music & Food Festival, on four stages in downtown Wilkesboro, includes:
• on the Carolina Stage (at Wilkes Communications Pavilion): Williamson Branch, noon-1 p.m.; Honey Dewdrops, 1:30-2:30 p.m.; Scott Mulvahill, 3-4 p.m.; EmiSunShine, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Kruger Brothers, 6-7:15 p.m.; Balsam Range, 7:45-9:15 p.m.; Black Lillies 9:45-11; p.m.
• on the Foothills Stage (beside the Carolina Stage): Ben Barker, 1-1:30 p.m.; Jay Nash, 2:30-3 p.m.; Presley Barker, 4-4:30 p.m.; Nikki Talley, 5:30-6 p.m.; Carly Bannister, Jac Thompson & Grant Parker, 7:15-7:45 p.m.; Newberry & Verch, 9:15-9:45 p.m.
• on the Hall of Fame Stage (in Wilkes Heritage Museum): BackPorch Bluegrass, 1-1:45 p.m.; Nikki Talley, 2-2:45 p.m.; Williamson Branch, 3-3:45 p.m.; Honey Dewdrops, 4-4:45 p.m.; Scott Mulvahill (solo), 5-5:45 p.m.
• on the 1915 Stage (in Blue Ridge Artisan Center & Café): Madison Elmore & Luke Morris, 1-1:45 p.m.; Alex Key & the Locksmiths, 2-2:45 p.m.; Newberry & Verch, 3-3:45 p.m.; contra dance, 4-4:45 p.m.
• on the Carolina Stage: Zoe & Cloyd,11-11:45 a.m.; Hank, Pattie and the Current, 12:05-12:50 p.m.; Contenders, 1:10-2:05 p.m.; Cicada Rhythm, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Trout Steak Revival, 4-5 p.m.; Hawktail, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; Chatham County Line, 7-8:15 p.m.; Kruger Brothers, 8:45-10:15 p.m.;
• on the Foothills Stage: Cane Mill Road, 11:45 a.m.-12:05 p.m.; Terry Baucom & Will Jones, 12:50-1:10 p.m.; Songwriter, trail run, and food truck championship presentations, 2:05-2:30 p.m.; Red Wine, 3:30-4 p.m.; Arcadian Wild, 5-5:30 p.m.; Lateral Blue, 6:30-7 p.m.; Presley Barker 8:15-8:45 p.m.;
• on the Hall of Fame Stage: Burnett Sisters, noon-12:45 p.m.; Cane Mill Road, 1-1:45 p.m.; Zoe & Cloyd, 2-2:45 p.m.; Terry Baucom & Will Jones, 3-3:45 p.m.; Lateral Blue, 4-4:45 p.m.; Contenders, 5-5:45 p.m.;
• on the 1915 Stage: Youth Showcase, 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m.; Arcadian Wild, 1-1:45 p.m.; Coffee House Sessions featuring Jac Thompson, Carly Bannister, Grant Parker and TBD, 2-3:45 p.m.; Shay Martin Lovette, 4-4:45 p.m.; and Thürler-Mosimann Project, 5-5:45 p.m.
Carolina in the Fall Music & Food Festival also includes a great variety of food trucks vying for the Fall Food Truck Championship. Previous grand prize winners PorterHouse Burger Truck and Wingz on Wheelz are competing this year with Bleu Barn Bistro, the Hillbilly Philly and Kalman’s Bon Appetit.
Tickets at the gate are $45 for a one-day general admission, $80 for a two-day admission and $150 for a two-day VIP admission. Ages 12 and under are admitted free with a paying adult.
As a bonus for VIP ticket holders only, the Carolina Jam is from 11 p.m. Saturday to 1 a.m. Sunday at the Yadkin Valley Event Center, inside the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro. Like the festival, it’s hosted by the Kruger Brothers and will feature unique jam sessions and collaborations.