NOTICE OF SALE
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, COUNTY OF WILKES, IN THE GENERAL COURT OF JUSTICE, SUPERIOR COURT DIVISION, BEFORE THE CLERK, 2019 SP 105, Robert G. Greene, Jr., Administrator of the Estate of Richard Welborn Greer, Petitioner.
UNDER AND BY VIRTUE of the authority contained in a certain Order entered by the Honorable Julie F. Church, Assistant Clerk of Superior Court for the County of Wilkes on the 26th day of June, 2019, in a special proceeding therein entitled “in the Matter of the Estate of Richard Welborn Greer, Robert G. Greene, Jr., Administrator, designated as 19 SP 105, the undersigned Commissioner will on Friday, August 9, 2019, at 1:00 p.m., on the grounds of the said real property, offer for sale to the highest bidder for cash, those certain tracts or parcels of land, same being located at 440 Union Methodist Church Road, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659, as is more particularly described in Deed Book 934, Page 492 of the Wilkes County Registry, bearing Wilkes Tax ID Parcel #1501831, and 431 Union Methodist Church Road, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659, as is more particularly described in Deed Book 997, Page 205 of the Wilkes County Registry, bearing Wilkes Tax ID Parcel #1503187, respectively and being further described as follows:
440 UNION METHODIST CHURCH ROAD (PARCEL 1):
TRACT ONE: BEING all of lots 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29 in Block 9 of the Subdivision of Gordon, North Carolina, or of “The Town of Gordon” As shown and described on a revised map of the Subdivision of Gordon, North Carolina, under date of July, 1927, as shown and described on a plat thereof found recorded in Map Book 1, page 62 of Wilkes County Registry, reference to which being hereby made for a more and complete and adequate description.
TRACT TWO: BEING Lots 83,84,85,86, and 87 of the CP Crysel auction survey recorded at 2 Plat Book 120, WCR. Refer 541 DB 462 WCR, incorporated herein by reference.
Also BEGINNING on a stake on the Northwest side of a forty foot street, said stake being the corner between lots 83 and 82, Alma Glass and George McNeil corner; thence running with the South line of lot 83 North 62 degs. West 200 feet to a stake the rear corner of lots 82 and 83; thence South 28 degs. West 16 feet to a stake in the rear line of lot 82; thence South 62 degs. East 200 feet to a stake in the margin of the 40 foot street; thence with the Northwest margin of said street North 28 degs. East 16 feet to the point of BEGINNING, and being the Northern portion of lot 82 as shown on map of CP Crysel auction survey (2 Plat Book 120, WCR). Refer 541, DB, 461, WCR.
431 UNION METHODIST CHURCH ROAD (PARCEL 2):
ALL that parcel or tract of land containing 1.048 acres, more or less, lying and being in Reddies River Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina, being bounded now or formerly as follows: On the north by SR 1329 and Gaynell Atwood; on the South by Jesse Shepard and Gaynell Atwood; on the East by Joseph Mitchell and on the West by SR 1329 and Gaynell Atwood and being more particularly described as follows:
BEGINNING at an iron stake at the edge of Rural Road No. 1329, corner of Lots 26 and 24 as shown on the Map of Owens and Crysel survey as shown in Map Book 2, Page 120, Wilkes County Registry, and running thence with the edge of Rural Road No. 1329, North 286 East 110 feet to an iron stake in the edge of said road; thence South 62° East 387.76 feet to a stake; thence South 1° 45’ West 122.65 feet to a stake, the Southeast corner of Lot 25; and running thence North 62° West 442 feet to the BEGINNING, containing 1.048 acres, more or less, and being all of Lots 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and a portion of Lots 19 and 20 as shown and described on the Map of the Owens and Crysel survey made by Earl Caudill, Surveyor, dated December 1, 1948, and recorded in Map Book 2, Page 120, of the Wilkes County Registry.
See Book 496, Page 462, Wilkes County Registry.
This conveyance is made subject to all easements and restrictions, if any, of record.
This sale is subject to all ad valorem taxes and such other liens and encumbrances as may appear of record.
1. The property to be offered pursuant to this Notice of Sale is being offered for sale, transfer and conveyance “AS IS, WHERE IS.” The Commissioner makes no representations or warranties relating to the title or any physical, environmental, health or safety conditions existing in, on, at or relating to the property being offered for sale, and any and all responsibilities or liabilities arising out of or in any way relating to any such condition expressly are disclaimed. This sale is made subject to all prior liens and encumbrances, and unpaid taxes and assessments.
2. The successful (highest) bidder shall be required to make a cash deposit at the time of sale in the amount of 5% of the highest bid or $750.00, whichever is greater. Any successful bidder shall be required to tender the full balance of the purchase price so bid, in cash or certified check at the time the undersigned Commissioner tenders, or attempts to tender, to the successful bidder, a deed for the property. Should the successful bidder fail to pay the full balance of the purchase price. so bid at that time, the successful bidder shall remain liable on the bid as by law provided.
3. This sale shall be held open ten (10) days for upset bids as by law provided.
4. This sale is made pursuant to Chapter 1, Article 29A of the North Carolina General Statutes.
5. Randall Woodruff of Great State Auction Company is the agent of the undersigned Commissioner. Broker and seller have agreed that this sale is to be conducted by including a buyer’s premium of five percent (5%) upon the final high bid price accepted by the Court. The actual contract sales price shall be the sum of the confirmed high bid plus the buyer’s premium of five percent (5%) of said high bid. Any bidder acknowledges and agrees that inclusion and/or payment of the buyer’s premium shall not make broker the agent of the bidder/buyer and that the broker continues as the agent of the Commissioner in the sale of said property.
6. The successful bidder’s inability to secure a loan for the balance of the sale proceeds is not an excuse to void the sale/purchase.
This the 8 day of July, 2019.
Law Offices of Robert G. Greene, Jr., PLLC
By: Robert G. Greene, Jr.
State Bar Number: 19942
1226 School Street
P.O. Box 424
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Telephone: (336) 838 8800
Telefax: (336) 990 0899