NOTICE OF RESALE
2017 SP 120
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, COUNTY OF WILKES, IN THE GENERAL COURT OF JUSTICE, SUPERIOR COURT DIVISION, BEFORE THE CLERK, 2017 SP 120, IN THE MATTER OF THE ESTATE OF EMMA L. HARDY, Bettie J. Vick, Administratrix, Petitioner.
UNDER AND BY VIRTUE of the authority contained in a certain Order for Resale entered by the Honorable Julie F. Church, Assistant Clerk of Superior Court for the County of Wilkes on the 12th day of July, 2019, in a special proceeding therein entitled “In the Matter of the Estate of Emma L. Hardy, Bettie J. Vick, Administratrix,” designated as 17 SP 120, the undersigned Commissioner will on Friday, August 9, 2019, at 10 a.m. on the steps of the Wilkes County Courthouse, offer for sale to the highest bidder for cash, that certain tract or parcel of land located at 751 Cain Ridge Road, Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28697, as is more particularly described in Deed Book 549, Page 349 (Tract 1) of the Wilkes County Registry, bearing Wilkes Tax ID Parcel #1101753, more particularly described as follows:
Beginning on a pine A. Cain’s corner, running North 80 degrees East 25 poles to a stake at Duncan’s corner; thence North with his line 50 poles to a black oak; then South 80 degrees West 27 poles to a dogwood; thence South 3 degrees East 50 poles to the Beginning containing eight and one fifth (8-1/5) acres more or less.
Less and except the prior conveyances as recorded in Book 564 at Page 158, Book 564 at Page 159, Book 663 at Page 310, Book 663 at Page 311, and Book 663 at Page 312, WCR.
This sale is subject to ad valorem taxes and such other liens and encumbrances as may appear of record.
1. The property to be offered pursuant to this Notice of Sale is being offered for sale, transfer and conveyance “AS IS, WHERE IS.” The Commissioner makes no representations or warranties relating to the title or any physical, environmental, health or safety conditions existing in, on, at or relating to the property being offered for sale, and any and all responsibilities or liabilities arising out of or in any way relating to any such condition expressly are disclaimed. This sale is made subject to all prior liens and encumbrances, and unpaid taxes and assessments.
2. The successful (highest) bidder shall be required to make a cash deposit at the time of sale in the amount of 5% of the highest bid. Any successful bidder shall be required to tender the full balance of the purchase price so bid, in cash or certified check at the time the undersigned Commissioner tenders, or attempts to tender, to the successful bidder, a deed for the property. Should the successful bidder fail to pay the full balance of the purchase price so bid at that time, the successful bidder shall remain liable on the bid as by law provided.
3. This sale shall be held open ten (10) days for upset bids as by law provided.
4. This sale is made pursuant to Chapter 1, Article 29A of the North Carolina General Statutes.
5. The successful bidder’s inability to secure a loan for the balance of the sale proceeds is not an excuse to void the sale/purchase.
This the ___ day of July, 2019.
Law Offices of
Robert G. Greene, Jr., PLLC
By: Robert G. Greene, Jr.
State Bar Number: 19942
1226 School Street
P.O. Box 424
Wilkesboro, N.C. 28697
Telephone: (336) 838-8800
Telefax: (336) 990-0899